Monday, April 23, 2007

Baked Lamb


I though I will share a few recipes that my 2 girls love. I made this for their birthday last year because I do not have time to bake them their birthday cake.

Ingredients
- Lamb steak 400gm. Cut into bite size cubes
- 1.5 tablespoon Honey (raw, organic or manuka honey)*
- 1 teaspoon of crushed rosemary (u can buy this from the herbs section at supermarket)
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped finely
- 40 pcs Farfalle pasta (look and are commonly referred to as bowties)
- 1 teaspoon olive olive oil

Preparations
Season lamb steak with honey, rosemary and chopped garlic. Cover it and leave it in the fridge for 1 hour.
Cook the pasta, drain and mix in the olive oil. Set aside for later.
Line the baking tray with aluminium foil and grease it with butter.
Place the lamb on the foil and cover with another sheet of foil over the baking tray.
Bake at 160 deg C for 1 hour.

When lamb is ready, serve it with 10 pcs of pasta per portion.

This recipe make about 4 portions for a maltese. 2 portion for medium size dog and 1 portion for a large dog. You can adjust the amount accordingly.

I wish I had taken picture for this but didnt have the opportunity. Perhaps I will if I bake this the next time.



*Honey are not suitable for puppies.

No comments: